Signs You Need a New Roof
- Cracked, curling shingles: Age and weather are big culprits when it comes to failure of roofing shingles. Another culprit can be defective products and improper installation by a previous roofing installation company. When there comes a point where you’re noticing repeated curling or buckling shingles, or climbing up on a ladder to replace individual shingles that have fallen, you may need a new roof.
- Recurring ice dams: Brought on by freeze-and-thaw cycles, ice buildup can form at the edges of your roof. This can block melting snow and restrict proper run-off. That water, then, has nowhere to go but under the shingles.
- Shingle granules collecting in gutter: Noticing an inordinate amount of granules from your shingles forming in the gutters? This most likely means your shingles are deteriorating and coming to the end of their useful lifespan. Those tiny granules are necessary due to the protection they afford your roof against the sun and other elements.
- Water stains on interior ceilings and walls: These result from leaks in the roof, but don’t assume those leaks drip straight down. In fact, water often travels along roof panels or lumber in your attic, landing on insulation and leaving spots on your ceiling. Your roofing contractor will know how and where to look for the source. It’s not always where you think!
- Loose or missing flashing: Flashing seals the space between your roof and your vents and chimneys, designed to keep water from seeping in at the seams. This flashing can become damaged, loose, or rusted, becoming a breeding ground for leaks.
If you notice any of these signs, call our roofing installation company to come out and take a more in-depth look. We can let you know about ways to keep your maintenance costs down.
Need a New Roof? Get a Free Estimate with Precision Roofing Inc.
Precision Roofing Inc. will provide an inspection on the state of your roof and give you a free estimate on a new one. Call us at (845) 351-2009. We are located at 22 Kerr Lane in Southfields, NY, with convenient hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.